Ideas for Block Paving in Winterbourne
Our paving contractors use major-brand materials from Marshalls to design stylish new patios and block driveways for domestic and commercial clients in Winterbourne and the local areas. We specialise in fitting pattern imprinted concrete (PIC), in addition to flag block paving, as part of our design and build service. Block paving specialists will help clients with design inspirations and tips on choosing between a wide range of colours, textures and styles to create their perfect looking property.
Designs for Patios and Driveways
At SJP Paving, our paving contractors and block paving specialists can suggest a variety of patterns and sizes for block paving slabs which can be installed in what appears to be a random pattern. Each slab will be laid according to a plan, avoiding any repetitive motifs. Paving contractors advise Winterbourne clients to use this design for larger patios or block driveways.
Block paving specialists also recommend a herringbone style for block driveways due to the interlocking system of slabs. These prevent slabs becoming loose or unstable over time, because of wear from increased vehicle traffic. Popular herringbone block paving designs are fitted at 45° and 90° angles to produce the perfect pattern.
These patterns are ideal for smaller spaces for Winterbourne clients and guests to admire the distinct patterns, featuring repeated motifs in rectangular or circular forms. Different sizes and colours of pattern imprinted concrete (PIC) and flag paving will accentuate patterns with geometric shapes.
Suggestions for Patio Block Paving
- Decide upon a design to incorporate into garden landscaping projects, such as gazebos, summer houses, sheds, water features, BBQ pits and swimming pools
- Choose the ideal location for your block paving patio which can be in proximity to the house. Block paving specialists will also advise Winterbourne clients about the available space, sun exposure, shade and privacy from the neighbours
- Calculate the dimensions for new block paving slabs and the size you need to create an outdoor space big enough to entertain friends, family and guests
- Agree to the type of block paving that appeals to you in terms of colour, texture and durability, such as pattern imprinted concrete (PIC) and flag paving which our paving contractors highly recommend
- Pick the right design for your patio, such as round, rectangular or a mixture of shapes for al fresco dining, pathways or to decorate a water feature
- Add brickwork for garden walls or fencing and trellises for plants and flowers to grow, which can also be used to construct private areas in your Winterbourne garden for tranquillity
Tips for Block Driveways
- Pick a style which will best suit the length and layout, including straight, circular or curved driveways
- Choose different colours, patterns and textures to decorate block driveways with an inviting aesthetic for visitors and guests
- Consider the safety, drainage and aesthetics of block driveways using natural and permeable block paving slabs, pattern imprinted concrete (PIC) or flag paving
- Ensure that your designs factor in single and double car driveways to avoid access issues at your Winterbourne property
- Think about how any uneven surfaces or obstacles which paving contractors and block paving specialists can work around or incorporate into the design
- Accentuate new block driveways with additional features, including edging, flower beds, plant borders, pebbles, gravel, lights and gates